"The time has come," the Walrus said, "of tekkie tools to sing: of wikis, blogs and podcasts and other webby things."

Thursday, June 26, 2008

YouTube

For my discovery exercise I searched for videos having to do with libraries.

The results were indeed interesting. Most of the videos seemed to be of entertainment value only, such as pranks done in libraries. Yet there were others that did serve a greater purpose.
I noticed videos used for welcoming patrons, library tours, library orientation and videos of teen programs at the library. It is a great way to take a virtual tour of libraries around the world that you might not otherwise visit.

YouTube is also good for demos. I've seen a few cooking videos. Overall though, I think YouTube is primarily for entertainment. It is another creative outlet for techie people.

No comments: